CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares her recipe “What’s for Supper Casserole” recipe with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3-4 cups cut up cabbage (1/2 a large)
- 1 cup onion – cut up (1/2 a large)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (fresh or from a jar)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Red Cooking Wine (optional use water and 1/2 teaspoon salt if you don't want to use wine)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 can can cream of celery soup ( any cream soup will work)
- Brown hamburger and drain any grease. Set aside
- Place butter, wine, garlic, cabbage and onion in a skillet and saute until tender. About 15 minutes.
- Add soup and hamburger and heat thoroughly.
- Spray a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Place ½ the crescent rolls in bottom as a crust
- Put hamburger/cabbage mixture over top (filling the pan full), cover with cheese and put other ½ of crescent rolls as a top crust.
- Bake 350 degrees 30 minutes. Cover with foil first 15 minutes. Remove foil and let dough get golden brown.
- The hamburger/cabbage mix can easily be made ahead or make up several batches and freeze for future meals.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!