CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares a recipe for Mexican Street Corn with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 3 Cups (4-5 ears) Fresh Sweet Corn Cut from Cob
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 -1 Jalapeno Pepper Stem and seeds removed finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/3 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 2.5 ounces Catijo or Feta Cheese
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Mix up the dressing and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a skillet. Add corn and cook allowing it
- to be charred. This takes 8-10 minutes. Stir the corn as it chars. allow to cool several minutes.
- In a large bowl pour 1/2 Tablespoon over the diced avocado and toss.
- Stir in other ingredients and dressing. Add the corn, toss and top with the cheese.
- This salad can be served immediately slightly warm or chilled.