Ruskamp family recipe
Roast beef and mashed potatoes are a generational favorite extending from my childhood to my grandchildren. This recipe originated at the Iowa State Fair. It can be used with leftovers, or you can buy prepared roast beef with gravy and use instant mashed potatoes. If you use leftover roast beef, remember to slice it against the grain to make it easier to eat. The servings can be scooped liked ice cream in a bowl or layered in a parfait cup.
Hot Beef Sundae
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups leftover roast beef with gravy warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Into four individual bowls, spoon a ½ cup of mashed potatoes into the bottom.
- Top mashed potatoes with a ½ cup heated leftover roast beef with gravy.
- To finish top each "sundae" with ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and a cherry tomato.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!