CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares a recipe for Cheese Ham and Asparagus Brunch Casserole with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Cheesy Ham and Asparagus Brunch (anytime) Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups cooked diced ham
- 1/2 cup diced onion (I prefer red onion)
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 2 cups fresh asparagus cut in 1/2 inch pieces (10 oz. package frozen that has been thawed can be used)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon (optional)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Mix ham, onion, bell pepper and asparagus in the baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and tarragon.Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and bake 5 more minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!