CommonGround Nebraska volunteer Karol Swan shares her Sorghum Flour Shortbread Carrot Cookies recipe with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1 Cup Butter softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Carrots grated
- 2-3/4 Cup Sorghum flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2-3/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Powered sugar for dusting
- Stir together flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside
- Mix butter, sugar, vanilla and grated carrots.
- Add flour mixture and stir well.
- Form one inch or so dough balls. Flatten in your hand.
- Dust both sides of cookie with powdered sugar.
- The dough balls might appear to not want to stay together but cookies will stay together when baked.
- Bake 300 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- They will be soft. Allow to set 15 minutes before removing from the hot sheet pan, (so they stay together).
- Cool completely before eating.
- They are really tasty when cold and set up. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- You can also use your favorite frosting on them.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!