CommonGround volunteer Anita Keys shared her recipe for Roast Beef Salad Spread with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Roast Beef Salad Spread
- 2 cups ground roast beef*
- a 3 lb. roast makes ~ 4 c. of meat
- ½ cup dressing I use Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- Bread crackers, pita bread, or veggies for serving
- Grind up leftover, fully cooked and cooled roast beef. I use a blender, but you can use a food processor, meat grinder, or dice it with a knife.
- In a bowl, combine dressing and pickle relish with ground up roast beef. You can add more salad dressing, a tablespoon at a time, if you want the spread less dense.
- Serve as a sandwich filling,a dip with crackers, in a pita, or as a stuffing in celery or tomatoes.
*Note: a 3-lb. roast makes about 4 cups of ground roast beef
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!