CommonGround volunteer Anita Keys shared her recipe for Roast Beef Salad Spread with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 2 cups ground roast beef*
- (a 3 lb. roast makes ~ 4 c. of meat)
- ½ cup dressing (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- Bread, crackers, pita bread, or veggies for serving
- Grind up leftover, fully cooked and cooled roast beef. I use a blender, but you can use a food processor, meat grinder, or dice it with a knife.
- In a bowl, combine dressing and pickle relish with ground up roast beef. You can add more salad dressing, a tablespoon at a time, if you want the spread less dense.
- Serve as a sandwich filling,a dip with crackers, in a pita, or as a stuffing in celery or tomatoes.
*Note: a 3-lb. roast makes about 4 cups of ground roast beef