CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares a recipe for Pumpkin Trifle with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 2-3 cups unfrosted spice cake crumbled
- 1 16-oz. can pumpkin
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 4 small boxes instant butterscotch pudding
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Maraschino cherries optional
- Set aside ¼ cup of cake crumbs for top. Divide remaining crumbs into four portions; sprinkle one portion into the bottom of a trifle bowl or 3-quart serving bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, spices, milk and pudding mixes; mix until smooth.
- Spoon half into the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a second portion of crumbs.
- Whip cream until stiff; spoon half into the bowl.
- Sprinkle with a third portion of the crumbs.
- Top with the remaining pumpkin mixture, then last portion of crumbs and remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs on top, around the edge of the bowl. Place cherries in the center, if desired.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!