CommonGround volunteer Joan Ruskamp shares her recipe for Prime Rib.
- 1 12 oz. rib roast
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- accent – generous amount
- favorite beef seasoning, we like Mike's Seasoning
- aus jus
- Take meat out of bag and wash it off with cold water.
- Rub olive oil all over the roast. Season the meat by sprinkling Mike’s Seasoning, garlic salt and accent generously all over the meat and rub it in using your hands.
- Place meat on a rack with drip pan underneath.
- Place uncovered in 450-degree pre-heated oven for 30 minutes (puts a nice crust on the meat).
- Put meat thermometer in center of roast. Turn oven down to 200 degrees and cook until meat thermometer reads 140-degrees (takes 3-4 hours).
- Remove from oven and slice. If you need to wait for other dinner items you can cover the meat with foil if it is sitting out.
- Make au jus according to package instructions and serve with sliced prime rib.
Tips: Make sure roast has 3-4 weeks of age in a vacuum sealed bag. The key to having good prime rib is to cook it slow and don’t overcook it. If you don’t have Mike’s Seasoning then add salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder to seasonings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!