CommonGround volunteer Crystal Klug shares her recipe for Pico de Gallo with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Pico de Gallo - from Pioneer Woman
- Yellow or Red Onion finely diced
- Tomatoes Roma is preferred, diced
- Cilantro diced
- 1-2 Jalapenos finely diced
- Add equal amounts of onions, tomato, and cilantro to a bowl.
- Slice jalapeno in half and with a spoon scrape out the seeds, dice finely and add to the bowl.
- If you prefer more spice, leave the white membranes.
- Slice a lime in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir together.
- Adjust seasonings and ingredients as needed.
- Serve with chips.
- Pico de Gallo is best served the same day you make it.
- To make guacamole, add Pico de Gallo to a mashed avocado.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!