CommonGround volunteer Molly Aden shares her recipe for Parmesan Creamed Corn with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Parmesan Creamed Corn
- 2 bags frozen corn, thawed (about 20 oz. total)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine corn, heavy cream, sugar, butter, salt, and pepper in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook & stir, until butter has melted (3 to 5 minutes)
- Whisk together milk and flour in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add milk mixture to the skillet and continue to cook until sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese until melted.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!