CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares her recipe for Overnight Oatmeal with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1 cup quick oats (not instant oatmeal)
- 1 cup milk – your choice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or yogurt of your choice)
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or individual serving containers. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, can be eaten cold or heat in microwave 30 seconds to take the chill off or 1 minute if prefer warm.
- Add1/4-1/2 cup, your choice of fruit, chopped apples, blueberries, strawberries, walnuts, even peanut butter.
- Keeps 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Makes 4-6 servings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!