CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares her recipe “Oops I Forgot I Needed a Dessert” with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Oops I Forgot I Needed A Dessert
- 1 8 count can cinnamon rolls
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Open cinnamon rolls. Cut each roll into. 4-6 pieces.
- Place in bottom of greased 11×7 baking dish.
- Spread apple pie filing over the top.
- Bake 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- When done let it sit for 15 minutes or so.
- If center seems doughy, it will finish while setting.
- Spread frosting from the pop rolls over the top and serve with ice cream or whip topping.
Cherry or peach filling will also work. Store brand rolls and filling work as good as name brands. Extra pie spices can be added if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!