CommonGround Volunteer Karol Swan shares her recipe with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Old Fashioned Sour Cream Apple Pie
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Peeled Diced Apples (two nice size apples)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- Add flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl. Give a stir.
- Add egg, vanilla, sour cream and nutmeg. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in diced apples.
- Pour into greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While baking, mix topping ingredients to a crumb consistency.
- At 30 minutes sprinkle topping over the top and bake 10-15 minutes more.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving.
- You can also garnish with whip topping, ice cream and or carmel syrup.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!