CommonGround volunteer Ruth Ready shares her recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Quick Bread with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Oatmeal Raisin Quick Bread
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 c. oatmeal (quick or old fashioned is fine)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 T. melted butter
- Juice of one orange plus water to make 1 cup of liquid OR 1 c. of prepared orange juice
- 1 c. raisins
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Combine all liquid ingredients with raisins. Pour this mixture into dry ingredients and mix lightly.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for one hour.