CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares her recipe for Mini King Cakes with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Mini King Cakes
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vanilla
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar for glaze topping
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Purple, Yellow and green sugar sprinkles for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl,cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice or vanilla. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 rectangles; seal seams. Sprinkle each rectangle with approximately ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Spread cream cheese mixture down middle of each rectangle. Fold each rectangle lengthwise into thirds to enclose filling (bring long edges up to cover cream cheese); cut each into 4 squares.Place, seam-sides down, on baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 – 15minutes, until the tops of the dough are golden brown. Let the dough cool for at least 2-3 minutes before you glaze them.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and milk to create a glaze.
- Dip each dough ball into your glaze mixture, followed by dipping each into your sprinkle topping.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!