CommonGround volunteer Ruth Ready shares her recipe for Microwave Cinnamon Apples with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Microwave Cinnamon Apples
- 4 medium sized (about the size of a baseball) cooking apples (Johnathan, Mcintosh or similar)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pancake syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Cut and core apples, no need to peel, place in single layer in microwave safe dish. Slice cold butter and scatter over apples.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over apples, then drizzle on pancake syrup.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. A scoop of ice cream is always a good idea.