CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares her recipe for Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes.
Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Potatoes
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/4 c (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder(optional)
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks.
- Boil in water until soft. Drain water.
- Mash and mix all ingredients by hand or with electric mixer.
- Reheat in oven (as ingredients tend to cool the potatoes) and serve.
- This can be made ahead 2-3 days,refrigerated and can be reheated in a greased covered dish.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes depending on dish size. Or reheat in a crock pot on high then low heat. 2 hours depending on your pot.