CommonGround volunteer Jordan Classen shares her Great Grandma’s recipe for Macaroni Ring Salad with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Macaroni Ring Salad & Dressing
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Salad ingredients
- 2 16 oz boxes ring macaroni or your choice of macaroni
- 1 diced cucumber (remove seeds)
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 3 grated carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 diced green pepper
- Dressing Instructions
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the dressing together.
- Add milk, vinegar and eggs.
- Cook on low heat, stirring constantly for 5 or 6 minutes.
- After the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat, and add butter and let it cool.
- When ready to use the dressing, add prepared salad dressing. Store dressing in refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks. This will make a very large salad.
- Salad Instructions
- Prepare macaroni by following instructions on the box.
- Drain macaroni and let cool.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, onion, celery, carrots, and green pepper.
- .Stir ingredients to mix well.
- Add your dressing to the salad, stir until vegetables and macaroni are coated with dressing. Refrigerate before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!