CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares her recipe for a Lovely Valentine Cake with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Lovely Valentines Cake
- angel food cake ( baked at home or purchased)
- 1 package instant vanilla or cheesecake pudding
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 1/4-1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries optional
- Cut cake into small cubes Place 1/2 of the cubes in a 9x13 cake pan.
- Put pudding, milk, sour cream and extract in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Spread 2/3 of the cherry pie filling over the cake cubes.
- Arrange the other 1/2 of the cake cubes over pie filling.
- Spread pudding mixture over the cake cubes.
- Spread whip topping over the pudding.
- Garnish top with remaining pie filling, almonds and maraschino cherries
- Chill several hours and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!