CommonGround volunteer Brittany Fulton shares her recipe for Lamb Tacos with Pure Nebraska viewers.
You will prepare your marinade for your lamb first.
- 1/2 cup oil (olive or avocado)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons oregano powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional to taste)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 pounds boneless leg of American lamb
- 8-10 tortillas (flour or corn)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- shredded lettuce
- fresh tomatoes
- sliced avocados
- sliced green onions
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro
- Make the marinade by combining all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Take the marinade and combine with leg of lamb in a crockpot bag.
- Marinade the lamb in the refrigerator for 6-24 hours.
- Once you have marinaded the lamb for the desired amount of time. Keep the lamb in the bag and place in the crockpot.
- Cook the lamb on low for 6-8 hours or until the internal temperature of the lamb is 145F. If you are shredding the meat, cook to an internal temperature of 200F for easy shredding.
- Let the lamb rest for 5 minutes, shred it and serve.
- Prepare your tacos by adding the taco ingredients one by one. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!