CommonGround volunteer Joan Ruskamp shares her daughter Kim’s recipe for Korean Beef with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Kim’s Korean Beef Recipe
- 1 lb browned and drained ground beef
- 4 cloves minced garlic or equivalent of garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger or equivalent of ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion bulbs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- shredded carrots
- sliced cucumbers Slicing mini cucumbers works better with children.
- Brown the ground beef into small pieces with garlic and ginger. Drain excess fat.
- Add sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and bring to a simmer as you stir to mix.
- Add the sliced green onions and turn off heat as you mix them in.
- Serve the ground beef mixture on hot rice with shredded carrots, sliced cucumbers and additional green onions for garnish if you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!