CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares her recipe for Hot Broccoli Dip with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1 (10-oz.) Frozen Chopped Broccoli, thawed
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced or 1 teaspoon garlic from a jar
- 1 (10-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 ounces Mexican Velveeta Cheese ( any dip cheese from a jar will work)
- Cayenne pepper to taste (1/4-1/2 teaspoon)
- ½ cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Saute celery, onions, garlic and broccoli until tender.
- Combine sauteed vegetables, soup, cheeses and pepper in a sauce pan.
- Cook until cheeses are melted and smooth.
- Stir in almonds.
- Option: Put sauteed vegetables and cheeses in a slow cooker on low until cheeses are melted.
- Serve hot with scoop chips or gourmet breads.