CommonGround volunteer Crystal Klug shares her recipe for Fresh Fruit & Goat Cheese Crostini.
Fresh Fruit & Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 French Baguette 18 inches, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 2 T honey plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup sliced fruit apricots, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, blackberries
- Sliced almonds basil, etc for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, mix goat cheese and honey together until relatively smooth. Spread the goat cheese mixture on the toasted bread. Top with fruit.
- Before serving, drizzle each crostini with honey. Keep leftovers covered tightly in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Make ahead tip: Prepare recipe through step 2, but do not top with fruit. Cover the goat-cheese topped bread slices tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day or up to 8-10 hours at room temperature. Then top with fruit and honey.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!