CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares a recipe for Easy Egg Casserole.
- 30 ounce bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1-1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese. ( cheddar or Swiss can be used)
- 1 pound browned sausage ( or 2cups diced ham
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2-1/2 cup half and half
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Spread hash browns is greased 9x13 baking pan Layer cheese, sausage, onions and peppers.
- In another bowl mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over hash brown/sausage layer.
- Bake at 350 uncovered 45-60 minutes until eggs are set.
- The casserole can easily be refrigerated overnight. Also can make a half batch.