CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares a recipe for a pretty layered dessert with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Delicious By the Pint
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- Neon Food Coloring or 4 different colors
- 2 boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 8 ounces softened Cream Cheese
- 4 cups Milk
- Favorite Whip Topping
- 8 pint wide mouth pint jars or wide16 oz. Glasses
- Mix pudding powder, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and milk. Let pudding set up while you prepare your cupcakes.
- Mix white cake mix according to directions on the box.Divide equally into 4 bowls.Color each bowl differently. 3-4 drops, Neon bakes vibrant colors. (Maybe not use yellow as it matches the pudding and doesn't show off the cake)
- Bake in muffin tins 4 cup cakes of each color (16 total.) Bake per box instructions. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Putting it together in the jars. Cut cupcakes in half. Each ½ is a layer. Each dessert uses 4 halves. Gently crumble each ½ cupcake. Begin layering in the jar. Crumbs: A short ¼ cup pudding gently spread over the crumbs another color of crumbs,pudding, crumbs, pudding, crumbs. 4 colors of crumbs and 3 layers of pudding. Top with your favorite whip topping and pastel sprinkles.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!