CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares a recipe from her friends Dan and Tonette, it is for chicken salad that is from Abie’s Place.
Dan and Tonette’s Chicken Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 -1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- Cut each chicken breasts into 4 pieces.
- Boil in water for 20-25minutes. Remove from water and let stand for a few minutes then cool in refrigerator 30 or so minutes. ( for easier handling and cutting).
- Cut or shred chicken into small bite size pieces. Add rest of the ingredients and stir well. Allow to completely cool in refrigerator to allow flavors to blend. Excellent make ahead salad.
- Serve on choice of bread or lettuce. By its self is delicious. This is a great base recipe. Other ingredients such as diced bell peppers, craisins, nuts, grapes, frozen peas, anything will be tasty.
- Recipe can easily be halved or doubled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!