CommonGround volunteer Anita Keys shares her recipe for Cowboy Beans.
- 2 pounds hamburger, browned and drained
- 2 cups assorted cooked meats, (ham, bacon, hot dogs, cocktail wieners)
- 4 15.5 ounce cans assorted beans of choice (pinto, dark red kidney, baked beans, chili beans, etc.), drained
- 1 cup salsa or can of tomato soup or diced tomatoes and green chilies or ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Add chosen meats.
- Add assorted beans.
- Add tomato of choice (salsa, soup, or diced tomatoes).
- Add mustard.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Slow cookers will vary.
- Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!