CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares her recipe for coffee cake with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk (can use powdered buttermilk mixed according to directions)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- In one bowl mix butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add almond extract and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir small amounts at a time of flour mixture and buttermilk into butter/sugar mix.Mix well.
- Use cooking spray oil to coat a 10 inch tube pan (Bundt Pan.)
- Add half the batter, then evenly spread half the cranberry sauce and optional pecans. Top with other remaining batter and cranberry sauce
- Bake 350 degrees 45 minutes. Ovens vary so check with toothpick to see if done. Allow to rest and cool before removing from the pan.
- Prepare glaze while baking.
- Allow 30 minutes to cool after removing from pan before drizzling glaze on the cake.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!