CommonGround volunteer Brittany Fulton shares her recipe for Chex Mix with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 3 cups each of corn chex, rice chex and wheat chex cereal
- 1 cup peanuts or mixed nuts
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 bugles or gold fish or bagel chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In large microwavable bowl mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bugles; set aside.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered for 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly covered.
- Put mixture on a cooking sheet. Cook in the oven at 250 degrees for 50 minutes and stir frequently.