CommonGround volunteer Molly Aden shares her recipe for Candied Rose Petals with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Candied Rose Petals
- 1 cup rose petals
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Before getting started, wash and dry your petals.
- Whisk your egg white until frothy.
- Gently paint each side of the petals with egg white using a paint brush dedicated to food or your fingers. Make sure to brush off excess egg white.
- Next, place the petals in the bowl of sugar, making sure to coat both sides.
- Transfer the sugar-coated rose petals to a parchment paper leaving space in between each.
- Place in a cool, dry spot for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Use to decorate your favorite cake, cookie https://youtu.be/g2UN8j2RGdUor cupcake!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!