CommonGround volunteer Karol Swan shares a recipe for BLT Bites with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 16-20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Cook and crumble the bacon
- Cut a thin slice off top of each tomato.
- Scoop out pulp and discard.
- Invert tomatoes on a paper towel and let drain.
- In a bowl combine bacon, mayonnaise, onion, cheese and parsley.
- Mix well and scoop into tomatoes.
- Chill several hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!