CommonGround volunteer Sharon Portenier shares her recipe for Beef Stroganoff.
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the egg noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- In a separate large skillet over medium heat, sauté the ground beef over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Drain the fat and add the soup and garlic powder. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and combine the meat mixture with the egg noodles. Add the sour cream, stirring well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.