CommonGround volunteer Molly Aden shares her recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs
- 1 lb ground beef
- Your favorite dough recipe or frozen dough thawed
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pickles finely chopped – optional
- salt and pepper to taste when browning meat
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain fat.
- Add onion and ground beef to pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, onion, bacon, ketchup, mustard, pickles and cheese. Stir.
- Make dough balls from your thawed or freshly made dough. Take a dough ball and flatten it to about ¼” thickness. Add a heaping tablespoon a filling to the center of the flattened dough. Pinch edges together to create a ball. Place seam side down onto a baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- After pulling out of the oven brush with melted butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!