CommonGround volunteer Sara Sindelar shares her family’s burger recipe.
Zesty Hamburger Patties
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the grill to 375°F, (medium high)
- Mix Italian dressing and garlic into the ground beef.
- Divide the meat mixture into the number of patties you desire. Shape the hamburger patty so it is about ¾ inch thick. Make an indention in the middle of the patty to prevent bulging in the center of the hamburger as it cooks.
- Place the burgers on the grill. Cook 4-5 minutes on the first side. Flip the burgers over and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, until the burgers have reached the desired doneness.
- If adding cheese, lay a slice of cheese on each burger patty about 1 minute before taking the burgers off the grill, so the cheese has a chance to melt.
- Serve the burgers on hamburger buns with optional hamburger toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!