CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares a fun recipe for Thanksgiving. It’s called Turkey Cookies.
- 12 Oreo Cookies – double stuffed worked best
- 48 Pieces of Candy Corn
- 24 Candy Eyes
- 12 Butterscotch chips or Peanut Butter chips
- white icing
- Untwist each Oreo
- Place 4 candy corn pieces on the top of each cookie with the majority of the filling on the Oreo cookie. Put some of the white icing on the bottom of the candy corns to help hold the other piece of cookie back on.
- Place the cookies back together.
- Use the icing to put the candy eyes and butterscotch or peanut butter chip on the center of the Oreos to create the face of the Turkey.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!