CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares her recipe for Taco Spaghetti with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (10-oz) Ro*Tel Mild Diced tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Brown ground beef with salt, pepper and onion to taste in a large stockpot or Dutch oven medium high heat. Drain excess fat and stir in taco seasoning.
- Stir in Ro*Tel, tomato paste, spaghetti and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheeses.
- Cover until melted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with tomato and cilantro, if desired.