CommonGround volunteer Elizabeth Kavan shares her recipe for Summer Stir Fry with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Summer Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 12 whole jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined, tails left on
- 2 whole zucchinis sliced on a slight diagonal
- 2 ears of corn kernels sliced off
- ½ c. grape tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh herbs if desired
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic.
- When oil/butter is hot, add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove to a plate. Do not clean the skillet.
- Add the rest of the butter and oil. Heat over medium heat .
- Add zucchini slices in a single layer and cook for one minute, tossing once.
- Scoot zucchini to the edges of the pan, then add corn kernels to the middle of the pan. Cook for one minute.
- Add grape tomatoes, salt and pepper and toss around, then add shrimp.
- Cook for an additional 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Serve on big platter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!