CommonGround volunteer Elizabeth Kavan shares her recipe for Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Slice zucchini in half, and carve them out with a spoon, dispose of the zucchini seeds (middle),. Line zucchini boats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly greased with oil.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to golden. Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add meat and cook until it's no longer pink, 3-5 minutes. Add the marinara sauce, Italian seasoning and salt + pepper. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini boats and top each with a drizzle of cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheesy is fully melted and bubbly
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!