CommonGround volunteer Sara Sindelar shares her recipe for Spicy and Tasty Snack Mix with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Spicy and Tasty Snack Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 package ranch or spicy ranch dry mix
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 1 box Wheat Thins
- 1 can nuts of your choice
- 1 bag pretzels
- 1 box cheese crackers
- left over popcorn or other crackers that you have in your pantry
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix the canola oil with salt, ranch dry mix, white pepper, and fajita seasoning.
- In a large bowl, combine Wheat Thins, nuts, pretzels, and cheese crackers. Stir to combine.
- Add the oil and seasoning mixture to the bowl and stir until well coated.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking dish or baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning the snack mix every 10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!