CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares a recipe for Smothered Green Beans with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Smothered Green Beans
- 5 15-oz cans green beans, drained
- 1 lb. bacon
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Pour drained green beans in an ungreased 9×13-inch pan.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until almost done but not too crispy. Remove from skillet, drain on paper towel and chop. Sprinkle cooked bacon on top of green beans.
- Whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce and garlic powder. Pour over green beans.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!