CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Simply Coffee Cake with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Simply Coffee Cake
- 1 can Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
- 1 can your choice of pie filling
- 1 cup nuts of your choice (silvered almonds work great)
- Grease a 9×13 cake pan or the slightly smaller one works well too.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into quarters and place in the bottom ofthe pan.
- Spoon over the roll pieces with the can of pie filling.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Put the frosting from the package that comes with the cinnamon rolls into a ziplock baggie and cut a corner off and drizzle over the cooled cake!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!