CommonGround volunteer Hilary Maricle shares her recipe for a Simple Steak Salad.
Simple Steak Salad
- 2 pounds grilled steak
- 2 bags of spinach
- 1 to mato
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Dressing can substitute Creamy Italian dressing
- Crunchy topping
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic to taste
- Mix all dressing ingredients very well and set aside.
- Cut the steak into thin slices, cutting against the grain.
- Spread the spinach on plates.
- Top with tomatoes and onions (wedge, slice or chop).
- Add steak.
- Drizzle dressing over the steak.
- Top with cheese and crunch.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!