If your family is like mine, we love a good dip for a snack or appetizer before dinner. This “Scooper Beef” recipe is one of our favorites.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packages taco seasoning with ¾ cup water
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 4 Tbsp diced green chilies
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1½ cup finely chopped lettuce
- 1 bottle mild or hot taco sauce
- 2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning with water to the beef and cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese with milk until creamy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on a large plate or tray. Spread ¾ of the cooled beef over cream cheese. Save part of the beef.
- Sprinkle with green chilies, tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Sprinkle the taco sauce over this, and then sprinkle cheese and add remaining beef over the top.
- Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips to scoop off the plate. Enjoy this dish as a meal or an appetizer.