CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares her recipe for Root Beer Float Pie with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Root Beer Float Pie
- 1 carton 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup cold root beer
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp root beer flavoring optional
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust 9 inches
- Maraschino cherries optional
- Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk, root beer flavoring and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Fold in half the remaining whipped topping.
- Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Dollop reserved whipped topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!