CommonGround volunteer Jordan Classen shares her recipe for a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon diced garlic from a jar
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 lbs Philly Meat (Skirt Steak)
- Olive oil for toppings
- bread or salad for the base
- cheese – provolone or american
- bell peppers – red or green
- beef consomme sauce warmed
- Partially thaw the meat until its mostly defrosted.
- Mix the baking soda, vinegar, water, sugar, garlic salt, onion powder, diced garlic, and pepper in a bowl.
- Marinate the Philly meat or Skirt steak in the bowl for approximately 15 minutes.
- Prep the toppings.
- Drain beef in colander from the marinade.
- Drizzle oil over high heat, brown meat. Make sure it is fully cooked. Stir while cooking.
- Top with cheese on griddle to allow cheese to melt.
- Serve on bread or salad with toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!