CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Pencil Cookies with Pure Nebraska viewers.
- #5 piping tip
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- Bright White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Light Pink White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Cut one end of the wafer cookies to create the sharp 'point' of the pencil tip.
- Place wafer cookies on a cookie sheet that has been lined with wax paper.
- Melt the wafers as directed by instructions on the package.
- Fill piping bags with the 2 colors of melting wafers. We used tip #5 for easy piping. You could use a smaller tip if you find it’s easier, tip #3
- Fill in the very bottom section of the wafer with the melted pink chocolate to resemble an eraser. Shake lightly to smooth the melting wafers.
- Add a mini chocolate chip for the lead tip of the pencil before the melted chocolate hardens.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!