CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares her recipe for Pecan Bars with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 18 ½ oz. cake mix spice yellow or butter
- Reserve 2/3 cup of cake mix
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup reserved cake mix
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Grease bottom and sides of 13x9 baking pan.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix (reserving 2/3 cup), butter and 1 egg.
- Press in prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Prepare filling by combining cake mix, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs, mix thoroughly. Pour filling over partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Return to oven and bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes until filling is set.
- Cool and cut into bars it makes about 3 dozen.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!