CommonGround volunteer Jordan Classen shares her recipe for Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Old Fashioned Sugar Cookie
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup butter shortening
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temp
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- Combine dry ingredients of baking powder, 3 cups of flour and cornstarch.
- Combine shortening,butter, sugar. Once smooth, add egg and extract flavors. Mix on a lower setting.
- Put mixer on low and start to combine in step 1 ingredients until all combined. Slowly add the last1 cup of flour until it is the right consistency.
- Once combined, set aside. You don’t need to refrigerate.
- Flour surface and shape dough into a large “loaf”
- Roll dough onto surface to about ½” and cut with cookie shapes.
- Transfer onto cookie sheet with a brownie spatula.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Pull out while cookies are soft adjust cooking time if needed.
- Once they are pulled out let them sit for a few minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
- Decorate with any kind of frosting you like!! We usually hit the easy button and buy our frosting at the store.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!