CommonGround volunteer Leslie Boswell shares her recipe for Old Fashioned Ham Salad with Pure Nebraska viewers.
Old Fashioned Ham Salad
- 2 cups ham fat trimmed off and diced
- 1/2 cup miracle whip
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 stalk celery chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- Additional options
- 2 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp. stone ground mustard
- Dice the ham into small 1/2" cubes. Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the relish to a food processor and pulse until chunky. (You want it to be smooth enough to spread, but not so smooth that it becomes a paste. Check every few pulses and watch closely to get the desired consistency).
- Transfer the spread to a mixing bowl and stir in relish. Serve on white or rye bread or with crackers and Swiss cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!