CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares a kid friendly recipe that is perfect for Halloween.
Nutter Butter Mummy or Ghost Cookies
- 1 pkg Nutter Butter Cookies
- 3 Cup White Chocolate Melting Chips
- 1/4 Cup Shortening *or Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 pkg Candy Eyeballs
- Melt White Chocolate Chips. This can be done over a stove top using a pan with water in it and a smaller bowl on top with the chips, OR use an Instant Pot with 2 cups water over heat and a smaller bowl on top with white chocolate chips. Or the chips can be melted in a microwave, stirring often to make sure you do not over heat them.
- Add Shortening, coconut oil or vegetable oil and stir chips. The boiling water will heat the bowl the chips are in and melt them. Stir and allow to melt.
- Keep bowl over hot water to keep chocolate melted and smooth
- Dip Nutter Butter Cookies into chocolate and place on a cooling rack or wax paper. Add candy eyes and allow to cool and set up. For Ghost cookies dip the entire cookie in the white chocolate.
- For Mummies, dip 3/4 of the cookie in the white chocolate, pour remaining melted chocolate into a zip lock bag and snip the corner of the bag. Then drizzle white chocolate over cookies to look like strips of rags covering mummy cookies. Or use a fork and drizzle the chocolate on the cookie to look like a mummy.
- Allow to cool and set up. Enjoy. Store in a container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!