CommonGround volunteer Paula Peterson shares a kid friendly recipe that is perfect for Halloween.
Nutter Butter Mummy or Ghost Cookies
- 1 package Nutter Butter Cookies
- 3 cups white chocolate melting chips
- 1/4 cup shortening *or coconut oil or vegetable Oil
- 1 package candy eyeballs
- Melt white chocolate chips. This can be done over a stove top using a pan with water in it and a smaller bowl on top with the chips, or use an instant pot with 2 cups water over heat and a smaller bowl on top containing the white chocolate chips. Or the chips can be melted in a microwave, stirring often to make sure you do not over-heat them.
- Add shortening, coconut oil or vegetable oil and stir chips. The boiling water will heat the bowl the chips are in and melt them. Stir and allow to melt.
- Keep bowl over hot water to keep chocolate melted and smooth.
- Dip Nutter Butter Cookies into chocolate and place on a cooling rack or wax paper. Add candy eyes and allow to cool and set up. For Ghost cookies dip the entire cookie in the white chocolate.
- For Mummies, dip 3/4 of the cookie in the white chocolate, pour remaining melted chocolate into a zip lock bag and snip the corner of the bag. Then drizzle white chocolate over cookies to look like strips of rags covering mummy cookies. Or use a fork and drizzle the chocolate on the cookie to look like a mummy.
- Allow to cool and set up. Enjoy. Store in a container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!